If you are inspired to make a financial donation to Mahapajapati, you may do so here:
🔔Make checks or Money Order payable to Mahapajapati Foundation, and send to PO Box 587, Pioneertown, CA 92268-0587
🔔With Zelle®, money travels directly between accounts with no stops in between. Send to ‘Mahapajapati Foundation’
- The Zelle® recipient’s email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
🔔 Please use the button below to donate with PayPal
The Mahapajapati Foundation is a religious non-profit corporation, recognized as a church by the State of California. All donations to the Mahapajapati Foundation are tax-deductible in the United States in accordance with IRS code section 501(c)(3) EIN: 32-0212055
Mahapajapati Monastery is supported entirely by donations.
As a renunciant community, our needs are simple. But like any home or organization, we have expenses for food, property taxes, building and maintenance projects, liability and fire insurance, car insurance, car repairs, and gasoline, and we have regular monthly bills for electricity, propane, phone, internet, and trash collection.
Please consider supporting Mahapajapati Monastery so that we may continue to dedicate ourselves to living the Buddha’s teachings and providing a refuge for those who wish to visit, as well as for those who are inspired by our practice from afar.
If you would like to make a financial donation to support the monastery, you can pledge monthly or offer a one-time donation, in accordance with your means and inspiration.
May your generosity bring you lasting happiness. And may it provide the gift of Dhamma to all those who come in contact with Mahapajapati Monastery.
There are several ways you can offer food if you are inspired to do so.
- You might sponsor the cost of a day’s food for the monastery, either on a one-time basis for a special event, or recurring monthly. You can make arrangements to make your donation as above.
- You may also contact us to make arrangements to bring a meal to the monastery.
- You may send directly with UPS or Fedex to 3368 Chaparrosa Road Pioneertown, CA 92268
If you are coming to visit, you may make a grocery offer as well. To offer groceries, you may bring what you wish, and we also welcome you to contact us to see what we might find useful. We try to eat simple, healthy food in order to support our practice.
- Staples that we generally use include:
- Nuts/seeds, such as cashews, walnuts, Brazil nuts, almonds, nut butter, etc.
- Bread, quinoa, etc.
- Proteins: seafood (including fresh or canned), dried meats, tofu, beans, etc.
- Dried fruit, such as prunes, dates, raisins, figs, cranberries, etc.
- Honey, maple syrup, stevia
- Dairy: yogurt, cheese, eggs, butter, non-dairy milk (soy, almond, oat), low-fat milk, dark chocolate, etc.
- Fresh veggies: cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, zucchini, peppers, onions, garlic, tomatoes, beets, etc.
- Fresh fruits: bananas, apples, grapefruit, avocado, strawberries, blueberries, pomegranates, etc.
- Paper towels, toilet paper
- laundry, or dish detergent (unscented or original scent)
- trash container bags, in small, 13-15 gallon, 30-gallon, and 33 + gallon sizes.
The monastery has benefited greatly from the help of generous volunteers.
If you live close by and wish to offer service, two great ways you can do so are offering rides and shopping for groceries.
We’ve also been grateful for people who have noticed that our buildings needed maintenance and offered to do the repairs. We can always use help with these sorts of construction and repair projects.
If you have other special skills that you think might be useful to us and you would like to volunteer, please email email@example.com